Thursday, June 3, 2010

Secrets Transforming Your Life and MarriageL


Ladies,, In study last night we talked a little bit about how we speak to our husbands sometimes, and yet we are surprised when they dont respond to us the way we would like..
Look at these example and see if it might look just a little familiar....
I know it was very close to home for me..
Maybe we need to make the following adjustment, on our journey to becoming better wives and/or mothers..

***CHECK MY WORDS- are they encouraging and kind, or rude and angry?

***CHECK MY FACIAL EXPRESSIONS- does it reveal love and joy, or frustration and disdain?

***CHECK THE TONE OF MY VOICE- is it peaceful and hopeful, or critical and grumbling?

***CHECK MY BODY LANGUAGE- is it open and engaging, or rigid and impatient?

The bible says in 1st Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind, It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record or wrongs, Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth, It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always preserves, Love never fails.

Am I saying it is easy,, not even close.. It is a daily, minute by minute decision to try and do the right thing.. but so many times, I feel we dont even think about it, we let our flesh react the way it wants to, and that is not always a good thing....

So today I choose to think before I speak and/or react ,to my spouse, family, friends, neighbors and co workers.. Because I want to love them with the same Love and patience God has granted me every moment of the day..

No comments: