Sunday, January 22, 2012

I have been enjoying learning to cook
Gluten Free
and the other day I was watching
Elizabeth Hasselbeck on The Chew

And I just made her
Orange Cream Cupcakes
and
O...M...G


As I am starting to get all the "staples" needed
for GF cooking , things are getting easier..
And thought the cost of flours are a little costly
you dont use a lot of one in a recipe..
And I cant say it enough...
If I could tell you just how GOOD I feel,
(im jumpin up and down right now)
it is soooooo worth it...

Not only are the pretty...
They taste ....Awesome.....
(singing it in a opera voice)

If you would like to try these
you can find the recipe at


Now just to show that God can use you in any and
all things that you are going through in life
listen to what happened to me yesterday
when i was in the GF isle at Publix..

This young mom (20's)with 2 young kids
and one on her hip..
Came up behind me and was mumbling to herself
about where to start as she looked at the Gluten Free items
and we started talking..
She started telling me about her son (1 yr old)
who cried uncontrollably and she said she just
could not comfort him,and could not keep food down.
They had switched milks,, went through the
list of possibilities of what to do.
And just on a last ditch effort she removed Gluten
from his diet and after 4 days he started
sleeping through the night and playing w/o crying..
When I told her how good I was feeling and
how my mind has never felt clearer in my life.
She looked at me and almost started to cry
she said... I told my husband that my son had
been learning better and paying better attention,
but he didn't believe her.
She thanked me for encouraging her and confirming
to her what she was feeling was correct..

Now only God could of put some one like me,
some one who will talk to just anyone..lol
in an grocery isle with a nervous young mom
who needed to know that what she was doing for her
child was the right thing..

Im so grateful that he used me..


8 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi Karen, So glad you posted this and the link. My daughters family as well as myself are all gluten free and I love finding new recipes that are easy and good. I'm thankful there are so many products out on the market today for us. One of our granddaughters(no 4 yrs)was very very sick, in and out of hospitals until they found out the culprit was gluten. I have a similar thing with health issues too. I always feel so bloated etc when somehow gluten sneaks into my food. I think I'll be off it for good.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Noreen

Rachelle S said...

Oh my these sound delish! Thanks for alerting me! =)

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Karen,
That's so cool!!! What a neat way you ministered to that young mom :) :) There's another great GF cookbook called "Gluten Free on a Shoestring" and there's a blog you can follow along with a Facebook page ;) :)

Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

A multi-dimensional life said...

I'm grateful He used you too...and continues to use you! I loved the young mom's story! I love the look of those cupcakes and I'm sure I would have loved hearing your opera voice! :) xoxo

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

I want to try those cupcakes!! I'm going to get that recipe now. And I love to hear that God is using you in the grocery store. That proves we don't need to move to China to be a missionary.

Sue said...

Thanks so much for this link, I have been wanting to go gluten free for sometime but just haven't taken the plunge, I saw Elizabeth on Dr Oz the other day, and was very impressed with her.
Isn't it amazing of how God's timing is PERFECT, Thank you for being obedient to the Spirit, it would have been so easy for you to of ignored this lady but you chose to be an encourager, and that encourages me!
Hugs,
Sue

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

That is just awesome...and yes, God is the one that can orchestra those "God appointments"

We have a friend going through that with their 1 year old also...so glad you were there to encourage her and that you are doing well on it also.

Amy McCollister said...

I've got to get back to my love of cooking. This journey to eat 100% clean should help get me there. I hope. Thanks for stopping over