Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Worries of the Day


Do you carry yesterdays worries
over into tomorrow?
At my part time place of employment
it is a Christian based company
and the staff is reading the book
The Power of Positive Thinking,
bu Norman Vincent Peale,
it is a good book, this weeks
chapter was called, How to Break
the Worry Habit.
And I used to be a bad worrier!
and of course I still have my moment
but I am better than I used to be,
thanks be to God, but there was a
story in here about a man who was
a worrier and carried his worries
over to the next day.. and this is
what he did to stop that..
I thought it was pretty cool..
At the end of his day, next to his
office door he had a Daily calendar
and before he would leave work every
day he would tear off that days sheet
and say this prayer..
Lord you gave me this day, I did the best
I could with it and you helped me and I
Thank You. I made some mistakes. and
that was when i didnt follow you advice,
and Im sorry. Forgive me. But I had some
victories and successes too and I am grateful
for you guidance. But now Lord, the day is over
and Im through with it, so I give it back to you.
Amen..
But the one thing I do, forgetting those things
which are behind me, and reaching forth unto
those things which are before me, I press
toward the mark for the prize of the high
calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 3:13-14

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Karen, Thank you for blessing me with this post. Our sermon two weeks ago was on worry....and the impact it has on our lives and our relationship with God. It was a hard hitting sermon....I needed this reminder today!
Hugs!

My Mad World said...

Great post Karen! I too am a worrier, maybe I need to read that book.

I like the prayer he says too!

Marsha Young said...

Karen,
Good for you, for deciding to stop carrying yesterday's worries into today. Experience teaches me that it is a decision which I have to make again and again. But it is worth it. Happy Thanksgiving. ... Marsha Young

Jill said...

This is a great post Karen,
I read that book years ago and it was wonderful, I will have to reread it and refresh! I tend to worry a lot, lol. Have a wonderful night and a fantastic Thanksgiving!
Blessings,
Jill