Monday, September 6, 2010

Woman..

Women have strengths that amaze men.
They bear hardships and they carry burdens,
but they hold happiness, love and joy.
They smile when they want to scream.
They sing when they want to cry.
They cry when they are happy
They fight for what they believe in.
They stand up to injustice.
They go without so their family can have.
They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.
They love unconditionally.
They cry when their children excel
They are happy when they hear about
a birth or a wedding.
They grieve at the loss of a family member,
yet they are strong when they
think there is no strength left.
They know that a hug and a kiss
can heal a broken heart.
The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning.
They bring joy, hope and love.
HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE
FLAW IN WOMEN,
IT IS THAT THEY FORGET
THEIR WORTH.

10 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Isn't that the truth...why is it that we tend to doubt who we are and all we have to offer. A beautiful post and I love your Fall header too!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

This is great...thanks!!! I needed that this morning!

My Mad World said...

So very true Karen!!

saltbox
treasures
said...

Thanks for being an encouragement to other women. You and your blog are inspiring!
Thanks.
~ Julie
p.s. Love and miss those high school sports! Have a fun year watching football!

Anonymous said...

mmm...needed to read this this a.m.
thank you! I look forward to a blogging friendship also Karen. Thank you! I feel Blessed!

Vicky said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day and leaving a sweet comment. I am returning the visit and will sign up to follow along :)

What wonderful words of encouragement and so very true that our worth is something we neglect...

Blessings to you :)

Beth said...

Thank you for your comment! :) I'm enjoying reading your blog. Blessings!

Sue said...

WOW! Karen, this is so awesome, Thanks for sharing. Oh! how true.
Thank you for all of your tips on blogging, I hope to try them real soon, that is if I can find the time, I have been so busy.lol
Hugs,
Sue

Tommie Jo said...

Love that! Did you write it?!

Robin @ The Rendered Nest said...

Karen, thank you for visiting my nest and leaving such a sweet comment! I have enjoyed reading the encouragement that you have on here...I can always use encouragement, too! I look forward to more visits in the future!