Sunday, August 1, 2010

Do you have something that needs to Die?

Death of Lazarus:

Do you ever wonder why it seems like
sometimes God is taking his sweet ole time
to come and save us from a trial that is
going on in our lives..

I have, many of times.. I would almost
get to my wits end, and then "with attitude"
come to Jesus.. and say,, Dont you see
what I am going through..
are you just going to stand
there and let this happen?

This is the same way Martha and Mary,
Lazarus's Sisters felt..
Martha said to Jesus after Lazarus had
died and had been laid to rest.
She said Lord , if you would of been here my
brother would not of had to die!
(And probably with a little attitude herself)
But Jesus knew that Lazarus was already dead,
but he wanted his old life to die, and he wanted to
bring him a New life, for all the people to see..
To Glorify God..

Just maybe we have things in our lives that
Need to die.... Maybe his plan it to replace those
things that need to die with something better that
will Glorify God.. Hummmmm??????

But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever,
the purpose of this heart through all generations.
Psalms 33:11

(in other words...
I think he knows what he is doing !
even if we dont always get it right away ! )



7 comments:

My Mad World said...

Great post! Yes, my old life has to be what dies. If I don't start my day out with praise and thanks then my day is already shot and back to the old ways. I have to be able to be strong and constantly be giving praise to the Lord for all He is and does! Like you said we may not always understand it or agree but it is His will and it will all work out in the end.

(sorry to have rambled on..)

Hope you are feeling better and have a great week too! =) Big hugs to you!

Heather said...

I love the way you put this, Karen. Understanding that our trials produce perseverance is the key, isn't it? I definitely want to gain this quality, but often forget how it's produced.You've made me think tonight... what needs to die? hmmm.

Amanda said...

What a "refreshing" place to come visit.
Hi,
Amanda here!
Great post.
I think the thing that comes to mind for me is that HE came to give us life more abundant and free.
I look forward to coming back here for a "glass of sweet tea!"
{gotta love your tittle!}

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Great post, Karen!!!! So true too...and the last bit at the end also made me laugh ) :) :)Lately I've been thinking about certain situations where I wish God would do this, this, and this...and it's not happening...but that's okay...because I've also been asking God "This God, or something better" god always has our best interests at heart!!! Have a good week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Loren said...

Came by to thank you for your visit and am now a follower :) Looking forward to knowing you! We have so many things in common!
The Lord
The ocean
Our families and marriage. while I didn't go through a divorce, the Lord did a major miracle and helped stopped that and saved my marriage and I am sooo blessed and grateful!

Great post ~ surrendering ourselves is so key! Because truly we can't do any of this without the help of the Holy Spirit!

Love and blessings!
Loren

Camille said...

Dear Karen ~ What a great post! Isn't it wonderful when the LORD teaches us these deeper truths? How precious that HE is with us through every trial we face and HE absolutely knows what HE is doing!! (Romans 8:28)

Have a wonderful day!
Blessings,
Camille

-:-Chanin-:- said...

Hi Karen :) O boy do i have alot of things that need to die- still. I keep thinking every year that I've done enough dying- but I guess God is not finished with me yet. I have a little book by Amu Carmichael and she has this litle chapter about dying to self. The quote I always remember about it is this: "See in this a chance to die". It reminds me that in trials and even unfair situations that i can see in this trial a way to die to self.

Much love, Chanin