Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Decision


Listening to God is our decision.
No one else can make that decision
for us. God wont force us to choose
his will for us, but he will do everything
he can to encourage us to say Yes to his way.
God wants to be involved in even the
smallest details of our lives, His word
tells us to acknowledge him in all our
ways and he will direct our path
(Prov 3:6)
And to acknowledge God is to care
about what his thinks and to ask
for his opinion.
Prov 3:7
Be not wise in your own eyes.
In other words>> dont even think
that you can run your life and do a
good job without Gods help and
directions..

My prayer is that I will "choose"
to open the door to God in
EVERY area in my life..
To give up my thoughts of
controlling my surroundings
and open the palm of my hand
and give it to him freely.



9 comments:

Firedancer SST said...

Thanks Karen,
I have not had a nice sweet glass of ice tea in about 5 years. Living here in Jolly 'Ol England "A Cuppa" is my daily joy. But I think for today I will reminisce and make a great big jug and 'remember' His promises of old. I am gladly joining you in listening to His our beloved Lords voice today and following.
Blessings and Prayer, Firedancer

Sheila said...

This is my prayer too. Every time I think I have things under control and going the way I want them to, I get reminded that I am not in control. It's so amazing to have God to rely on.
Now, I just need to learn to listen to His voice more often for when I do, I find peace. Prayers for you and your family. Take care.

Firedancer SST said...

Just wanted you to know I am right now making that pitcher nice and sweeeeet. As we say here in Jolly 'OL "Cheers Luvverly One"

Unknown said...

SS Firedancer.. you are too funny..
I love it.. I will go and make me a glass too.. CheeryO... as we clink our glassed together..

Amanda said...

Such a true, true post.
It's easy sometimes and sit back and expect God to do everything, but we must remember we must work as if everything depends on US while trust as if everything depends on HIM.
Thanks for the glass as well this morning Karen!
Hope you are feeling well today~

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Thank you for such a sweet reminder.
Blessings,
Bren

My Mad World said...

What a great prayer! I will strive to have this also be mine. What a great post, thanks for sharing!

Camille said...

I appreciate your love for the LORD and how you proclaim HIM to others Karen! May HE help us each day to bring glory to HIS name!

Blessings,
Camille

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron