Thursday, January 26, 2012

Give up the illusion that you deserve a problem~free life.
Part of you is still hungering for the resolutinos of all difficulties.
This is a false hope !
As I told My disciples, in this world you will have trouble.
Link your hope not to problem solving in this life
but to the promise of an eternity of problem~free life in heaven.
Instead of seeking perfection in this fallen world,
pour your energy into seeking Me:the Perfect One.
It is possible to enjoy Me and glorify Me
in the midst of adverse circumstances.
In fact
My light shines most brightly through believers who trust me
in the dark.
That kind of trust is supernatural
a production of My indwelling Spirit.
When things seem all wrong,
Trust Me Anyway...
I am much less interested in right circumstances
than in right responses to whatever comes your way.
          ... Love 
                  God ♥

This was my devotion this morning in my
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

it is so true,, and I thought you gals
might enjoy it as well...


5 comments:

Gayle said...

Beautiful passage, and so true. Without his Spirit in us, we can't trust as we should. Even then, it can be difficult to let it all go and lean on him. Happy Thursday to you.

A multi-dimensional life said...

A beautiful word Karen!

"My light shines most brightly through believers who trust me
in the dark." Amen!

Julie Harward said...

Love that, it's funny how we can believe so much alike with me being one of those weird Mormons! LOL
One of our leaders just gave a talk where he spoke of having the faith to walk into the dark, knowing that God will be there for you. :D

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

This is really good, Karen. You know, I've thought about this the last few days. In a way, it's a comfort, because I know that the troubles aren't just out of the blue. However, in the midst of trouble, I know that God is with me ;) :) A lot of my friends have the Jesus CAlling devotional, too...even my aunt has a copy :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Sue said...

Karen Jesus Calling is one of the best devotional books I have ever read! Thank you for sharing.
Enjoy your week.
Hugs,
Sue